St. Luke's strives to provide periodic, intresting, interactive Adult Education sessions. Information regarding future Adult Education events will be posted on this page - and also under the SPECIAL EVENTS / WEDDINGS tab above.
We look forward to your participation in an upcoming Adult Education Program event.
Past Examples of Adult Education Activities are:
- Each Sunday during Lent we hosted a series of special Adult Forum sessions from 9 to 9:50 am in Dade Hall. The schedule includes well received, distingusihed guest speakers covering a variety of interesting subjects. See the "lenten speaker series" page under the WELCOME tab for details and information.
- A Dinner/Book Discussion of The Misunderstood Jew by Amy-Jill Levine. This 7 week series started on Oct. 7 and was led by the Rev. Jeff Dodge on Wednesday nights.
- Forum sessions with Billy Curtis, Executive Director of Mulicultural Sexuality and Gender Centers. Sessions focused on race, ethnicity and gender in today's society.
- Marinating In the Gospel of Luke, a deep and comprehensive bible study.
- The hosting of an evening with Dr. Eben Alexander, acompanied by two book study classes to discuss Eben's #1 New York Times Bestseller Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife.
-Theater Theology outings including the San Francisco Playhouse production of Storefront Church by John Patrick Shanely – the same playwright who wrote Doubt, the Tony and Pulitzer Prize winning play, and the screen play for Moonstruck. We followed this up with a Sunday morning Adult Forum class.
-Each Sunday during Lent we hosted a series of special Adult Forum sessions from 9 to 9:50 am in Dade Hall. The schedule included well received guest speakers covering a variety of interesting subjects.